Scott has taught private music lessons since 2001. He emphasizes a balance between technical skill and intuitive expression. Scott’s lessons include practical tools and ideas drawn from his broad background in performing, composing, arranging, recording, and jamming.
Beginning students find Scott to be a gentle, friendly teacher who makes the learning process as stress-free as possible. Scott’s lessons can help you:
- learn to play from sheet music
- improve your tone and expression
- play with physical and mental efficiency
- prepare for performances
- prepare for jam sessions, including finding tools for improvising
Scott offers lessons in:
- Flatpicking guitar – all styles, all levels, especially bluegrass, contra, Celtic, and folk styles.
- Old-time fiddle, fiddle for beginners
- Ukulele, banjo, mandolin, other traditional acoustic instruments
Click here for examples of my right-hand exercises for flatpick guitar.
Contact me at email@example.com to ask about lessons.